Thermomechanical Analysis – X/Y Expansion
Theromomechanical Analysis is a method used to measure thermomechanical behavior of a material – this service is for measurement of thermal expansion in the X and/or Y directions (in-plane).
Standard Cost reflects Temperature Range of 50°C to 220°C at 3°C/min – please contact us for different temperature range. Price reflects two runs (1st run for preconditioning).
Possible Temperature Range: -70°C to 400°C
Measurement Instrument Used
TA Instruments Discovery TMA 450
- MCA 70 – Mechanical Cooling Accessory
- Temperature Range: -70°C to 400°C
- Force Range: 0.001 to 2 N
- Measurement Precision: ± 0.1%
- Controlled Heating and Controlled Cooling
This measurement is done using the Film/Fiber tensile kit, which only works for thin samples.
Sample must not exceed 26 mm (L) x 4.7 mm (W) x ideally less than 0.25 mm (T)
Avishtech can prepare such samples from:
- A sheet of solid material that does not exceed 0.25 mm in thickness (thinner samples preferred for data quality);